The foremost emphasis of the university is anchored on educating the whole person for useful service to the society. The main focus of the objectives and academic policies are detailed below;
- To produce first class graduates who are well equipped to compete globally.
- To offer a variety of opportunities to students to learn and develop their talents with rigorous and intensive teaching, guided research and projects by providing adequate and conducive lecture halls, theaters, classrooms, laboratories and workshops that will enhance learning and research.
- To promote religious tolerance.
- To promote cultural and intercultural relations.
- To seek partnership with various universities within and outside the country in order to expose its lecturers and students to research processes and results obtained in these other universities.
- To employ the services of well qualified and experienced academic scholars who possess requisite academic qualifications to teach in world class universities.
- To enshrine entrepreneurial skills in all programs offered in the university in such a way that graduates will be resourceful, self-reliant and job creators.
- To ensure effective implementation of the provisions of the approved master plan and academic brief documents to guarantee quality education delivery.